Wednesday, July 30, 2008
"Science is a wonderful thing if one does not have to earn one's living at it."
Today is a busy science day:
1) Remove smelly bacteria cultures getting smellier overnight containing hopefully mCnt2 transporter inserted in LNCX2 plasmid from the shaker and isolate plasmid DNA from the bacteria using miniprep kit. Ooooh, kits are nice.
2) Run a PCR for mCnt2 to check that the colonies are positive for carrying the stupid transporter insert.
2.5) Pull out hair, play free pacman online (www.freepacman.org)
3) Apply antibodies to western blot membrane for mouse Cnt2 and mouse Ent1 using really expensive yellowish liquid to make funny little marks that I can only see on this really expensive scanner and claim its meaningful...
4) Make an agarose gel for wasting the PCR products. Run gel and check results. Swear and make foul face when the gel breaks and falls on floor. Update colony chart to reflect mouse genotypes. Plan to kill mice.
5) Get 1 mEnt1 (-/-) mouse for coworker. Complain that I don't have help with mouse colony.
6-11) Meet with boss.
It doesnt sound like much, right? Ha.